Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Works-For-Me Wednesday

For the special kitchen edition of WFMW I would like to give an alternative way to clean the counters... espcially the wooden cutting boards. Since my hubby likes to stay away from using chemicals, I have discovered from doing research that vinegar cleans surfaces as well and if not better than most anti-bacterial sprays. I just splash a bit over the counters and wipe away. This is a great way to keep chemicals away from our bodies... as well as little ones who might like to get them out of cupboards. The little ones can't get into the chemicals if there aren't any there :)

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Vinegar is wonderful! Thanks for posting it's benefits.

An Ordinary Mom said...

I love all the uses for vinegar. There is a reason why I buy it at Costco!

Rae said...

My mom just recently taught me this, great tip! Now if only vinegar smelled better.. ;) Thanks for sharing! =)

Anonymous said...

I use vinegar for all kinds of things around the house - it's also great as an alternative to laundry softener or dryer sheets - just pour a little bit into the washing machine on the rinse cycle! You can't smell it at all, and it takes away the static :-)

It also got rid of the wart on my daughter's finger!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

It's amazing how many uses there are for vinegar.

Annie said...

I have never used vinegar for cleaning, I guess I will give it a try :)
Thanks!
Have a great Wednesday.
blessings~
Annie

G.P. said...

works for me... :) Thanx from a "green" innkeeper

Happy Wednesday
Phil 4:13
GP In Montana