Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Operation nosering

So today I finally bought my first nosering assessories. Unfortunately all I wanted was an invisible one but happily there was a deal 5 for $25 and the young girl was so nice that she talked herself into giving me 2 extra for free just because the mall was dead today. Anyway... our first unsuccessful attempt to take it out for the first time was before prayer meeting. I say "our" because I halfway want and also don't want Andy to do it. He decided it was getting red and said we probably shouldn't irritate it any further. After prayer meeting I decided that enough was enough. I wanted to switch it out. I could only get it out partway and decided to start putting saltwater on it just in case. This thing is bent 3 different angles and I really didn't know how I would get it out. Thankfully Andy started and got it out further. All of a sudden I got lightheaded... I felt like I could pass out. I needed to sit down and get rid of the sweatshirt. It was getting so hot. After a breather, Andy was manuevering it out again. Finally I felt it freed from my nose. Wow! What a feeling. I cleaned my nose more while the nosering was out and put something on my nose to stop it from swelling as it was very red. We decided to put another nosering in right away just in case it does swell. I could hardly find the hole though. All the noserings that I got are similar to earrings in that they do not have bent corners on the stud. They are just straight studs with a tiny ball in the back so that it does not come out. It was very easy to put one of these in. There is no way I'll be putting that other one back in. I'm not sure how the guy at the piercing place got it in to begin with. So I suppose this operation was successful!
-Jenelle-

No comments: